Monday, March 24, 2008

An Easter Holiday

So how was everyone's Easter weekend? My weekend started early with a Friday night dinner with Rod and Mary, my in-laws, who took us to a lil' country restaurant called "Around the Bend" I believe. Always wonderful catching up with them, after dinner they stopped home and saw "the kids," our dogs Barry and Leia...who were excited to see them (to say the least) but they were good sports and welcomed our pooches' affections with open arms :0)
Brad and I left home for Algona early Saturday morning, with Chocolate Season orders in tow for my loyal friends and customers in Algona. Also along for the ride...another cake! I've really been into making cakes lately, and I only hope to explore this wonderful art form more. This cake had dual purposes, serving as an Easter cake as well as a cake celebrating my brother Mike's birthday and my dad Ed's birthday. (we have a "birthday buddy" system in effect with the Berg family!)
It was a chocolate cake with whipped chocolate ganache and fruit preserves, covered in a layer of homemade buttercream and homemade marshmallow fondant. This was my first encounter with fondant...and wow...they should call it "Fun-dant"! (ok...that was cheesy...)
At home we had a fun time playing Mike's "Scene It" game, watching a movie (Berg tradition), as well as decorating eggs and having an indoor Easter egg hunt for my niece and nephew, Hannah and Ian. And it was super awesome seeing Amanda and Brad, my sister and brother-in-law...but sadly...we were missing one important family member...Sara. (miss you!) She's still in TX finishing her last clincal.
The weekend wrapped up with Easter service at First Baptist where Pastor Kevin's message is always inspiring and down-to-earth. All in all, a very fun and relaxing weekend and a great opportunity to see family once again...(thanks for hosting us mom and dad!)
I hope your Easter was full of Easter eggs and cookies, as well as family and friends, but lets not forget the real reason for Easter, which is to give thanks and rejoice in Jesus' resurrection and marvel at the sacrifice made so that we may have eternal hope and joy in our Savior!
Have a beautiful week!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that we ate your beautiful cake hun...it sure was good though :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very delighted to have joined the online community and I am looking forward to talking with you in here eventually

    ReplyDelete