Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Catering Crusade


Well, this weekend was a busy one (as usual!) I received the opportunity to cater a parents' fundraising party as well as an alumni reunion for Campus Crusade! The events took place on Friday and Saturday, so I spent a good chunk of my time grocery shopping, baking and presenting a delicious assortment of food for a wonderful organization.
I was so thrilled to be a part of this event because the staff of Crusade are good friends and mentors of mine and also because I was excited to see friends from college. I became a part of Crusade while at UNO and the friends, community, support and learning opportunities there are endless. Christians are able to have a time to worship God, hear an uplifting message, and go to neat conferences like the Denver Christmas Conference (where I happened to get proposed to...in front of thousands of college students...on stage!)
The really fun part of both events was the postive response I got from those who attended. The desserts and appetizers were a big hit, and I was very grateful for the time to network and provide this service to those who needed it!

This weekend was also spent getting things ready for some new house projects. Brad has decided to tackle a couple big things, like renovating the kitchen with a brighter, yet calmer, color, new baseboards, chair railing and wainscoting! I'm so proud of his "can-do" handyman attitude! We also took off the old storm windows on the front of the house (with the help of father-in-law Rod) and started the agonizing process of painting thick, gooey sealer over the brick foundation so we can proceed with landscaping. Uggggg. Sealer. That will take awhile. I'll post pictures of the before and after shots, so look forward to that!
This week at The Chocolate Season: new pictures of cookies, cheesecake and Oreo mudballs, as well as details about the new personalized chocolate corporate logo molds! I hope you all have a wonderful and very productive week, and if you have any home improvement words of wisdom or funny stories, I'd love to hear them!








1 comment:

  1. yay...what a great weekend sweetie! Thanks for all of your hard work...and let me tell you personally...that Strawberry Cheesecake was WONDERFUL!! love you lots!

    ReplyDelete