Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Home to Algona…

Well, this last weekend Brad, Sara and I drove back home to Algona, IA to celebrate Easter with the family. Actually, we did more than just celebrate Jesus’ life and resurrection, hide Easter eggs in the living room and hang out….we got to paint. A whole house. My parents’ house to be exact. Surprisingly, it went by pretty fast, from 8 am to 6 pm, we inhaled the aroma of paint fumes and donut holes…and it was nice.


That’s something families don’t get to do a lot of nowadays. A family project, completing a task together. Sure, it’s a hassle and lots of work, and I’m still sore, but it was fun seeing all of us (amanda, brad, sara, mom, dad, mike, crystal, me, and my brad) all work towards a common goal. If you are in need of some reconnection, then I would definiatley recommend finding some “thing” that you could all do together…plant a garden, paint, spring clean, move stuff….whatever! :)

After the fun weekend spent with my fabulous family, we came home to a (still) un-packed home and went straight to work on truffles for GALA, a fundraiser/prom for adults to support the local Catholic school system. I was very excited to be a part of this fundraiser in my home town and I even themed the truffles to their colors (pink, gold, purple) and was very pleased with the outcome!

So, hope you all had a wonderful Easter, and take a look around at the new truffle and PB ball pictures. Also look forward to the newest item to be offered in the “What’s New” section on the homepage in a week….personalized chocolate corporate logo molds! I’m so excited to offer this service to future customers! (they are so neat!)

PS- i’m always interested in any comments, and I still would love any input on the next product picture!

1 comment:

  1. That was so much fun! I know we still haven’t had that much time to work on our house…but last night-WOW! The rooms are starting to feel functional. So YAY! Love you sweetie, what a great post…I’m so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete