Monday, May 14, 2007

Something Special

Oops! I guess it's been a couple weeks since I last wrote...but my life has been constantly busy with things and the time just slipped by! One of the most memorable happenings this week was when my friend Amanda Davidson came home for a little bit. Now living in Georgia, she and I, as well as our friend Cassandra, were college roomies and are still great friends. I'm her matron of honor, and she came home to do some wedding planning...which the big day is creeping up on us in 3 weeks! The gals and I, as well as maid of honor Julie, all went out and caught up, and it just made me realize how much I miss her, and how best friends will always be best friends, no matter the distance between them!
This Sunday was Mother's Day, and sadly, due to some photography appointments and truffle orders, I could not make it home, but I just wanted to again wish my mom a wonderful (belated) Mother's Day, and tell her how much I love and appreciate everything she has sacrificed for me in the past as well as all the support I receive from her now and in the future! (love ya!)

Happenings at The Chocolate Season...well I had the awesome opportunity to cater a dessert bar for Marriott, here in Omaha. I met some really fun people, Pam, Barb, Steven and Harry, who all were very helpful putting this event together.
We made several kinds of fudge, two-faced oreos, double-dipped pretzels, PB sandwiches, Belgian chocolates, chocolate covered strawberries and marble cheesecake brownies...enough to feed over 100 people! I wanted to give a special thank you to my uncle Frank, at Mulhalls, who did a gorgeous floral arrangement for me as well as my friend Lizzie, who was instrumental in helping me set up as well as being there for moral support! (thanks you guys!!!)
Well, this is a long post...but there was a lot to catch up on! Be sure to stop by the site to read up on the new Summer Shipping Policy, and see the precautions we take to make sure your product arrives in tip-top condition!

Have an awesome week and take some time to thank those who are special in your life!

1 comment:

  1. Great post sweetie! I still can't believe all that food that you prepared for the mariott event. Wonderful job! It looked A M A Z I N G !!!

    ReplyDelete