Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Are you ready for some....cookies?

I don't know what's been going on this last week...but I guess everyone is in the mood for cookies! Of the several I've had already, two in particular stand out because they came from some very special people in my life.

One was from my best friend, Nicole. She, and the lovely people of Scottish Rite Park, had some fun contests last week and the ultimate winner received a custom basket. The winning team also receives something special this week...football shaped cookies, with the winning team's colors, gold and black, of the Iowa Hawkeyes.This proved to be slightly challenging in that the request was for a shaped chocolate chip cookie...and well, I found it's hard to shape a chocolate chip cookie because
A) the dough isn't stiff like a sugar cookie B) the chocolate chips cause the cookie shape to bake unevenly...causing the original oval shaped cookie to bake into a fatter, rounder, version of a football. :0)Well, I still think they turned out cute...especially with the finishing touch of detailing in white chocolate.

Another impressive cookie order was one from Priority Envelope. My sister Amanda and two of her sweet friends, Laurie and Jessica, placed an order of popcorn, ghoulish apples and cookies...lots of cookies....(taking advantage of the discount cookie special...smart girls!)It was fun making dozens of several varieties and packaging them with ribbon and just seeing tons of cookies...I hope they enjoy them as much I as enjoyed baking them (with love!)Hope you're all enjoying the final days of October and look forward to a new product in November...just in time for the holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment