Monday, October 29, 2007

Sister Sara

So, I wasn't quite sure what to write about this week....I was thinking about the upcoming Legacy Ball in Algona that I'm donating to as well as attending...(it's a fundraiser for the hospital) then I thought about the new holiday keepsake boxes that will be appearing later this week...but all that was clouded by thoughts of my sister Sara.

Sara just started her rounds of clinicals for physical therapy school. She will graduate in May, but before she walks across the stage, she will have worked in Nebraska, Wisconsin and Texas. In the next 6 months she's gone, I'll probably only see her a couple of times.

This is quite a shock for me, considering she's been living with my husband and I for a couple months, but it seems much longer than that...(in a good way!) The house just doesn't seem the same without her, and I know the dogs are depressed and missing Aunt Sara :)

Who can live without her coming home at odd hours, leaving mounds of her PT books around the living room, or having to look at several outfits before she decides on the pink shoes with black sweater, instead of the red shoes with cream sweater....

All I can say is that my days seem just a little bit more lonely without her and my life doesn't seen as full without her REALLY random stories...and even though her stuff is still at my house (for now)...it just serves as a reminder that I will never again have those moments of her and I going to the grocery store or me coming home and seeing the dogs all over her on the couch while she tries to study on my laptop....
So this week I just want to remind you to appreciate the little things and really take a look at your life and those you love who are in it...because your life changes every day and you don't get a second chance to just stop and take it all in....so start today.

PS- Good Luck to Sara during this difficult and exciting time in her life! You'll do famously and I'm sure you'll make lots of friends and learn tons that will prepare you for your promising future....I'm so proud of you!

3 comments:

  1. awww, nice post hun :o) I miss Sara too! Where art thou Sara????

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sure is a lovely post! plus, not only has she been living w/you and brad for awhile, you have pretty much not been apart for the last 24 years! Must be tough :) I miss Sare-Bear too, and I never get to see her! Just wait til San Diego when we have a whole week together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh!! that is prob. the sweetest thing I've ever seen!!! gosh darnet, you always make me cry :) i miss you too!! I'm going to make a quick visit tomorrow. are you going to be around? what time do you leave?! love you!

    ReplyDelete