Monday, October 8, 2007

What a Fun Request!

Last week I had tons of fun in the kitchen...especially with a certain order from my friend Kim! (this friend, actually, is semi-responsible for helping my husband and I meet..if she hadn't told him to leave his office and meet me out front...well...who knows what would have happened!)

So Kim and her beautiful girls must have been in the mood for some Halloween chow because that was the theme of their order. They were able to sample the cookies n' creme apple and ghoulish apple, which entitled them to free caramel corn. Since they got caramel corn, Kim ordered rocky road popcorn for her friend and some decorated sugar cookies and truffles for her friends and family (both of which, of course, were decorated to be like Halloween characters)

Making truffles look like a pumpkin, mummy and Frankenstein proved to be a fun, yet challenging request...but I was excited for this opportunity to deviate from the norm!

I hope you enjoy these pictures of my final creations for this wonderful family and a big thank you to Kim, Rick, Bailey, Riley and Samantha for allowing me to be artfully stimulated with these fun, fun projects! You guys are the best! xoxoxo

4 comments:

  1. These treats were the BOMB!! We used the cookies and truffles at a church dineer Sunday, everyone was so pleased. I do not know if we could pick a favorite, but I would have to tell you if you have not yet tried Erica's apples you HAVE TO!
    I promise we will be return customers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those look so yummy! i am really wanting to try your ghoulish apple, too! i might have to. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please send them my way. You have some talent. I love to cook , but im no chef.Very nice blog...

    God Bless,
    Claire Kennedy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just like the approach you took with this subject. It isn't every day that you simply discover something so to the point and enlightening.

    ReplyDelete